Image Map

Monday, July 7, 2014

This ones another short one

Hey Family,

Sorry this one is going to be soo short. We have to head into St. Louis for a Zone P-day. But here's the goody goody news.....We are battling North Zone to a game of capture the flag.....just wait that's not even the good news....SISTER MARTINEZ WILL BE THERE! My Hispanic mama is gonna be there. I am so so excited to see her again.
But this past week was terrific! Oh my goodness, we are seeing so many blessings here in good 'ole WashMO. I am feeling soooo good here, this area and these people are incredible they have become my literal family. I feel like my love has grown so much more for all of mankind this past year alone. I am so grateful to God for allowing me to have just a glimpse of the love He has for each of His children!

This past week we set a baptismal date with one of our investigators. Her name is Ashely and she is incredible. Her husband is a member but he has been less active ever since he was a teenager and they just moved out here. They got married in March and they decided if they were going to make their marriage work out they had to choose a church to go to. So they started coming to our church! God literally placed them right where they needed to be! We found out she has read the Book of Mormon 3 years ago and knows it is true. It just makes sense to her. She told us she knows she is going to have to make some changes in her life in order to be a member of the church, but she is willing to make the changes. She is incredible. They have two children and one on the way. Their oldest is seven and he is so smart and loves primary. Our ward mission leader told us the other day when we were at his home for a BBQ that their little boy was looking at the picture of when Jesus Christ was being baptized by John the Baptist and he said "My mommies going to do that, and I want to do that when I turn eight!" I am so excited for there family to really take part in all of the blessings that come from living the gospel of Jesus Christ and being a member of Christ's church here on earth. She says she has seen so many blessings come into their lives already! I can see the blessings too. I love the gospel. I am so lucky to have it in my life and have the opportunity to see it change the lives of all of Heavenly Father's children as well. I hope that they continue forward on the path of righteousness and they receive all of the blessing that our Father in Heaven has in store for them. I hope they can make sacred covenants with him in the temple and become a family that will be together forever.

The fourth was great we had from 5-10:30pm off so we were able to go to our ward mission leaders home and have a barbeque with his family, some of the ward members, and the elders and. It was great also due to the fact that he also invited Ashley and Dale. :) We ate like kings! It was fun we were able to hit some baseballs around and throw a football. It was funny to because WML yard was super big so every once in awhile the balls would fly offer the fence and the elders would have to climb over the fence to go get them. We then got to go to a fire work show in Washington. It was so cool they had it set up to the music and so different effects would go off depending on the song. Very exciting. Nothing like your though dad.....haha jk it was legit. The whole holiday just made me feel so grateful to God for this country! He helped this country come to be all due to the fact that he needed the restoration of his Gospel to happen. And guess what. We are a part of one of the biggest events in history! The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in these latter days! How blessed are we! How great is our calling to be members of his church at this time.
I love this work. It is the best work that I could ever do. I am grateful that the Lord has given me the opportunity and capability to serve him on a full time mission. I know that I am continually blessed by his hand.
I hope you all had a good fourth of July! You're all amazing and I am proud of you. Thank you for all the love and support and the prayers, They never go unappreciated.
Love you so much I can't even handle it right now.

Love,
Sister Izzy Haderlie


No comments:

Post a Comment