Image Map

Monday, September 15, 2014

Another transfer come and gone - Monday, August 25, 2014

Hello family and friends,
I cannot believe another transfer has come and gone so fast. It feels like I just got to Shiloh yesterday and I was meeting Sister Gadi- but alas the time has gone for her to move on. Transfer calls were Saturday evening....Sister Gadi will be serving in Eureka, MO, which as luck would have it is in the same district as Washington, MO. My baby area! So I know exactly where she will be serving. I am excited for her. She is an amazing missionary with so much faith. It was an honor serving around her!
It is so crazy how many people you meet out here on the mission, people that change your life forever in just 6 weeks. God really does have a funny way of helping us to grow and change. This transfer has brought a ton of fun. And so many spiritual experiences as well. Cierra was not baptized this past Saturday because her son broke his foot and it was just a crazy weekend! So she is for sure being baptized this Saturday Aug. 30. NOTHING WILL STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING. It will be good, hopefully Sister Gadi should be able to come back.
This past week has been a miracle for sure. We thought everything was fine with Cierra for the most part, we had planned to have her baptism and just had to wait a week....Unfortunately that's not how Satan works. We find out Thursday that Cierra's family is no longer supportive of her decision to be baptized. She then started stressing out because she said she has never done anything in her life that her family has not supported her with. So she really thought this was the end of it, we asked her how sure she wanted to be baptized....and she said at this point it was a 50/50. Surprisingly Sister Gadi and I didn't have any crazy scary feelings, we both felt that it was all going to work out. We told Cierra that as well. I also shared the story of Grandma Burrell not having any support from her family when she was baptized. I bore my testimony that once you find something so important and something so special, she was willing to give up anything. She had truly found the "pearl of great price". I told Cierra that that is what she had found, and that the decision my Grandmother made back then has affected generations to come. If she would have backed out at the last minute, I would not be here today. I was full of gratitude at that moment to all my ancestors who have stuck to what they knew to be true, so that I could be here today on my mission sharing that priceless message of hope and peace with others. I am full of gratitude to you all for being an influence of good in my life.
I have witnessed so many miracles this transfer. Many of them having to do with Cierra. She is so ready for the gospel in her life. She has changed everything to become a member of God's church. There is nothing that has ever brought me more happiness than to be out here and teach people that peace, happiness, and the pure love of Christ can be found while here on earth. God does have one church where He has restored everything that He needs us to have while here on earth! He has given us the tools to be able to make it back to Him, with our families for time and all eternity.
Well we woke up Friday morning not sure what would really happen with Cierra, but not worried, because God has worked so many miracles in her life. And for some reason she always listens to the still small promptings of the Holy Ghost. We start going about our regular missionary day. And at 10:30 we receive a text from Cierra that said:
"This morning I seriously woke up, extremely excited and not weary and just ready! IDK what happened, but I feel like I was holding my breath and finally exhaled, its amazing I feel like if I'm wrong I don't wanna be right! I'm ready."
Sister Gadi and I literally started jumping and dancing for joy. We had a little dance party, because it was the most miraculous thing ever. She was so stressed out the last time we saw her, but that text was just what we trusted would happen. God works with us if we allow Him too. Cierra has built my testimony upon that principle more than anything. She understands the will of God more than anyone I have ever met. And although Satan tries so hard on her to make her falter and fall, she does not. She understands her divine worth. She said she has found a new confidence that she never had before. The gospel of Jesus Christ does change lives. It is a huge blessing.
I am so blessed to be a part of this work and to witness so many miracles each day. I love this. There is nothing on earth I would rather be doing than this work.
Love you all so much.
Love,
Sister Izzy Haderlie
P.S. I am pregnant. aka I AM GONNA BE TRAINING A NEW MISSIONARY HERE IN SHILOH!! WELCOME TO THE MISSION BABY GIRL!

No comments:

Post a Comment