Image Map

Monday, September 15, 2014

6 months came and went- Monday, August 18, 2014

Hello family and friends,
Can you believe I have been out months already. Where did the time go? It feels so unreal to be out here living the dream of mission life. I am so blessed everyday to wear this nametag and represent our Savior Jesus Christ. Wow. I have one year left and you better believe I am going to make the best of it....even though it still feels like I am being trained. haha. Well Cierra's baptism is happening this Saturday August 23. We had to postpone it due to some unseen complications. We are so excited for her. She is the most commited person I have ever met in my life. She understands that this is a change, and she has changed literally her whole lifestyle to become a member of this Church. She has come so far and overcome so much. I told her the other day that she as in all reality overcome the world. I have never known what that statement has meant until now. Satan has thrown a lot at her, but she stood strong through it all.
Well this week has had a lot of ups and downs as a missionary. We went on exchanges Friday night....the night before Cierra's baptism when we had to make some pretty big decisions with her and as a companionship, but guess what I was the only one here who could make those decisions because Sister Gadi was away in a different area. I was stressing, but it turned out to be a huge blessing because Sister Calton, our Sister training leader, brought me so much comfort. I know that God planned for that exchange to happen. It was inspiration for sure. What a huge blessing.
Sorry this email is so quick, but we are heading over to the Zoo today at 1:00 so I have to get going. Just so you all know I am safe even with all the crazy things happening in Ferguson, MO. This is from Pres. Morgan: "we are taking measures to stay far away from any of the unrest they are seeing on National news." So don't sweat a bit! God will watch out for those who are in His service and trying to do His work.

Quote of the week;

"Let us be of good cheer as we go about our lives. Although we live in increasingly perilous times, the lord loves us and is mindful of us. He is always on our side as we do what is reght. He will help us in time of need."
-Thomas S. Monson-
P.S. Transfers are coming up this next week.
Love you all so much!
Sister Haderlie

Wait this is the MIRACLE!
I almost forgot the best part of the week. So Cierra really was not wanting to do her baptismal interview. But we bore testimony to her Sunday night that that is what needed to happen in God's church. We asked her if we could set it up for her to get a blessing Monday night from Elder Bright. She agreed to do that. President Hair is President Morgans first counselor and needed to interview her, turns out the Elders had dinner with the Hair's right before they were supposed to come give Cierra a blessing. So President Hair being the inspired man he is brought them to the church, and stayed for the blessing. After Elder Bright was done with the blessing Cierra knew that God had spoken to her directly in the blessing. She felt so much peace and love. And we spoke to her and she said she was ready for her interview. God works amazing miracles through his Priesthood holders here on earth! I was so grateful to have worthy priesthood holders who could be there for God when he needed to speak to His Daughter Cierra. I love this gospel. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's kingdom here on earth. There is no doubt in my mind that that statement is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment