Image Map

Monday, September 15, 2014

Obedience Brings Blessings

Hello family and friends,

So some crazy things have been in the works out here in the mission field. I have had to really study obedience and leadership this past week. I have really come to appreciate GOOD men who have humbled themselves to lead us and guide us in the ways of truth and righteousness. It is a blessing to have so many good men in the church. It is a blessing to be able to look upon our prophet, and apostles, and other leaders, and say I know that their decisions are led by God. And that the decisions and rules they are creating are going to help me, although I may not always understand HOW at the time, I know that blessings will follow as I am obedient. And that does not mean DO NOT question things, it means question everything, but also look at all the facts and turn to the one who knows us and our leaders the best in mighty prayer.
But this past week has been super fun. It FLEW by I cannot believe we are on week 4 of the transfer already. Time is slipping through my fingers. I got to make this count every day! Well on Wednesday there was a crazy storm that all the sudden came up in our business as we were walking all around Lebanon. We had planned to go visit a former investigator, but God had different plans for us. Right? So it starts down pouring and we ran into the library where we have been so many times, but this time the librarian is a different woman, different woman means a different opportunity to share the gospel, right? So we start talking about the weather and how fast it changes out here, and we let her know we are not from around here. And we let her know where we are from. Woah lo and behold she had lived in Provo for YEARS before she moved out here. So we got talking about how much she admired the Mormons and things like that. We spoke about the gospel, and although she was not interested in taking the lessons she knows we are there for her if she has questions, and its another good encounter with the church. For some people it takes longer than others.

Then we decide we should head out and brave the storm because we had an appointment to get to. But then a man stopped us and told us to come up on his porch so we don't get soaked! So why not, Its not that often someone gives you an offer like that as a missionary haha so we take it and we start talking to him about life and the crazy storms, and all the things he has seen in his life. He has has a VERY interesting life indeed. He loves storms and is on the county weather watch. Super nice guy, and although he didn't want to hear our message we made a friend! Crazier story is that he saw the Elders in there area and talked to them about how nice we were. God is working something there, so we will stop by to give him a thank you and some cookies or something. Then he will just be like "these people are to nice, okay I gotta know what makes them different" and then we will tell him about the restoration. That is the way my brain works these days ladies and gents. God does not allow people to cross our paths for no good reason at all. So my goal is to take advantage of those opportunities, sometimes I fail at it, but when I actually open my mouth and love them like the Savior does, Miracles happen, even if they don't accept the message. I come away from the encounter happier than I have ever been. It's a HUGE miracle.
Well I am so blessed to be serving in the Shiloh Ward. These members out here just get member missionary work, I mean there is always room to improve, especially with me. But they are so amazing at coming to the rescue when situations seem dire. Cierra has had some concerns with the temple lately. And when it seemed like she didn't know if she should continue on this path she has started for herself, the ward was right there to help her feel like this is right where she belongs. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives, I have witnessed it first hand out here. I know as it is lived that we begin to see others as children of our Father in Heaven and desire that they come unto Christ and be perfected in him. That is what the members of this ward have come to understand they desire to bring the joy they have found to others. Many of our members out here are converts to the church and it is one of the most incredible experiences to see someone who has been a member for 5 years or 45 years bear testimony of the truthfulness of the things they have come to know. Members really are the key to missionary work. I am so blessed to be a missionary at this time, when I feel like it is so stressed these days that EVERY member of this church is and should be a missionary!
I love you all and hope you have a good week. Keep being an example, but this week go the extra mile to share a brief testimony of the things you have come to know. It doesn't have to be a huge big deal. It could be as simple as just letting someone know that Heavenly Father cares for them deeply, and knows exactly what they are going through. BEAR WITNESS! I promise you that if you do your days and weeks will become so much more fulfilling and you will gain a perfect brightness of hope that cannot be extinguished, even "if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee".
Quote of the week, because I have been compared to a salesman and asked what I am selling countless times:

"Our missionaries are not salesman, with wares to peddle; rather, they are servants of the Most High God, with a testimony to bear, truth to teach and souls to save."

-Thomas S. Monson-
I love you more than you know, and pray for God to give you the courage to share the messianic message that we are all called to bear. Be safe, and be wise in all that you do!
Always remember who you are and who you are destined to become.
Love Always,
Sister Haderlie
                       Cardinal cookies!


                We used bags as umbrella's

   We decorated the Elder's door! 

No comments:

Post a Comment